- Shoot 40" off the floor, straight on, without centring corners - use the rule of thirds.
- Use natural light and turn off the flash. Mix artificial light (not flourescent) with natural light.
- Turn on TV (be choosy about what is freeze-framed there), turn on gas fireplace too (oops, I forgot to), arrange and accessorize furniture (see notes next post on Styling).
- Shoot mirrors on an angle.
- Use tripod ($20) for nice, slow f-stops (f/8-f/22) - honestly, I'm not that far advanced with my camera, but plan to read the manual.
- Set EV to +1 to +2 - that I can do.
- Set ISO to 800 to appear lighter - again the manual, as my film speed sets automatically.
So armed with this new info, I tidied up and took the following shots:
|Mirror or painting above sofa needed.|
|Picture above bed needed|
|Less bottles out next time!|
Next will be Kitchen and Library, and various other rooms and Styling Photo tips. Until then, I hope your enjoying a beautiful Spring day!