- Put the lid down (yes, that is what they mean...in Bathrooms.
- Hide everything - my kitchen is never this sparse.
- Put shiny, new, lidded pot on the stove - check.
- Use flowers - the more dramatic, the better. I didn't have dramatic, but I did have cute Oxalis aka shamrock.
- Play with tablescape arrangements.
- Tell a story - now, I feel that if I replaced the bowl of fruit with a wooden cutting board, lots of colourful peppers and a bottle of balsamic vinegar, that would have told a story, a yummy one.
- Go for symmetry.
- Simple dining settings (I have a hideous old antique table which I'm saving to replace, so I saved you from that sight)
- Pull out chairs at a workspace.
- Place a tray with books and bowl or vase on ottoman.
- As previous mentioned, use natural and artificial light, but no flash. Unfortunately, I got on the phone with my sister and missed the morning light, but you can see that shot here, along with the progress shots.
- AND use rule of third (don't point camera so corner is at the centre of photo).