Saturday, June 5, 2010

Elle Decor June Issue

Never to disappoint and soon becoming my favourite magazine, Elle Decor's June issue is fantastic! Besides having Meg Ryan's Martha's Vineyard renovated Post and Beam, it is filled with tasteful, contemporary and airy delights. I envy Meg's view; she describes the property as "operatic" - I just love that -"The sun rises over a shallow bay on one side of the house and sets over a deep harbour on the other. And then the moon comes up over the bay". Ahhh.
The kitchen was my fav room of the house is the kitchen. Again, my eye is drawn to steel framed windows. Notice Meg also has a steel framed windowed door leading to the Living Room. The house is filled with them, leaving it open, fresh and views everywhere.
I am not sure I like the tub (too small for me), but I love the simplicity of the bathroom.

This setting looks so idilic. 
The above pictures via Elle Decor
Photographed by William Waldron

I couldn't decide on which story I liked best. The "Connecticut Cool" house also delivers on views and freshness:
I would change the ottoman here, otherwise it is a lovely room. I love the use of large-leafed plants to place a single stem in a vase. Amy Butler does this well in her Midwest Modern home.
Gotta love this wall of windows:
I love this simple table with fantastic comfy-looking chairs from the sixties.
Here the cover shot with a different table setting. I prefer the shot they chose (below).
Would you believe these are Ikea sofas? This sunroom is my fav room of this house. I can picture spending evening here with candles lit and soft music, so not to drown out the cicadas.



I have to say: we painted our cottage bedroom this colour and I hate it. It was a compromise on the lightest colour on the shade card and a darker one Lou preferred. We met in the middle with this one and I can't wait to paint it over! Maybe I should try a bedcover with orange in it first. Currently, there is a red toile Tommy Hilfiger comforter. This is actually a cloth wall from the couple's furnishings business York Street Studio.
Beautiful!
I would have loved to see more of the outside of the house, as I would have Meg Ryan's. I suppose the magazine would have the thickness of a doorstop then.

A great issue; you can see these photos and more online but the mag is worth the price and a keeper for reference.
The above pictures via Elle Decor
Photographed by  Miguel Flores-Vianna 


No comments:

Post a Comment