Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Living Room


This is the inspiration: It is a Living Room done by Thomas O'Brien that I find lovely. I found it on his website. It is a piece done in House & Garden May 2005 on an 1840 Conneticut Federalist-style farmhouse. You can see the whole article here. The whole house is beautiful and the grounds; breathtakingly bucolic. 
Photos from this article: Eric Boman

So the Living Room is painted in a Donald Kaufmann Green which I can envision like Farrow and Ball's Pale Powder, only this one has a lot of blue in it. Mmmm...which one?:


The whole room looks like the 2nd sample but the bottom of the wall by the fireplace looks like the blue. Agh! Blend the two?

 I can totally see doing this in my Living Room to update it, except my curtains would have to come down and at $1500+, I can see my husband cringing (or flipping out). However, I don't think I can accomplish the lightness without doing so. This takes strategy (and $$$).


Time for a pick-me-up:

No comments:

Post a Comment