Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Busy, busy, busy!

Is blogging on the decline? Are we too busy to blog? Or has Insta and FB replaced it?

I enjoy blogging as it gives me another excuse to write, but school (I am an older student working on the last year of my English degree and now have my Certificate in Academic Writing), writing, knitting, and the cottage reno have me busy, busy, busy.

As this is a Home Decor ID site, let me talk about the reno. We built the cottage 17 years ago from the inside-out. We've reached a certain age where our kids have (almost) flown the coop and our "Shack" needs to grow up too.
We started with this, a knock-down...

Yup, we bought it.


to this for many years...











This year, we've added a den, a third bedroom--a master bedroom--with ensuite and walk-in closet, and expanded the kitchen and screened-in porch by almost 8 feet.


Here's the driveway view, where you can see the old vinyl siding on our shed. To the left of the cottage is the porch/kitchen extension. To the right, is the new entrance, new den and behind, the master bedroom.

And the front view by the lake...

 Here's my colour inspiration, a photo taken on our old street (in fact, our old neighbour's building this dream house)...


We're using Maibec engineered wood siding 6" rabbeted bevel in Ocean Spray,

And Ocean Grey for shingles above white trim.


Windows will be dark brown and the good news is that siding work will begin this weekend. Whew! 
It's been a busy hot summer, so blogging has been last on my list, but if you want to follow a more regular posting from me and see video tours, check out my Insta account here (note, I don't accept businesses that want to use my Insta to sell or creepy men. I will accept if you have an interest in home design, knitting or gardening/landscaping).

Until next time, 
Happy Autumn,

Joanne




No comments:

Post a Comment