Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Rooms Blooming!

Hubby is at the City, as I write, meeting with the City Planner for our Building Permit application. This is the 2nd meeting, after I met with him just before Christmas. We had to address a few minor things on the plans and then Christmas came and went and here we are.

With imminent approval (2-3 months, if we're lucky), it is time to start planning the interior design of the rooms. One of my favourite rooms is the lanai. We have a screened in porch at The Shack (our cottage) and it is the favourite room there. Here, we are going to ramp up the elegance, while injecting nature and harmony with the back yard.



Over the past few months (well year or two), I have collected photos for inspiration. here's one of my favs:

What I really liked about this photo was the transom windows and asked our architect to include them in the Lanai - YAY! The design and seating arrange I found to formal and want to see something a little more eclectic and filled with plants.
Seagrass rug a good idea!


via Sarah's Cottage
Love the foot stools for each chair and the fabric. It's from Designer Fabric and while pursuing their site, I found a perfect Spanish fabric for my footstools (too bad it didn't come in RED):

But it did come in tray, but they're out of stock:




via bhg.com

via Pinterest

via Design Tripper
 GREEN!

via Pinterest
Now that would be fun and cozy!

One thing I think every Sunroom/Lania should have is a place to have lunch or do a puzzle.
via Simplified Bee

via Simplified Bee
Or just a little corner. This one is from my scrapbook that I have kept for years, so I have no idea which mag I cut it from (sorry!), but, by far, my favourite of all on this page:

And what about a place to nap? I really like this Thomasville Haven daybed. I think it just comes in dark hardwood, but I would prefer it in white or black. The search continues.

via Henredon
or just big enough to snooze on...
via Restoration Hardware
and a french armoire to hold all the puzzles and games...
via House Beautiful
and Voila!


I messed up on the rug, but that's an easy fix. I would love to squeeze a 4th chair around the round table or maybe plop a jungle-y tree or plant there...we'll see. What I stole from the photo of the round table with gardening books (above), is the ledge that runs beneath the windows on one side. That will be handy for lighting and plants.




No comments:

Post a Comment